Cornish Associates • Providence, RI • 2012-Present • Project Coordinator
Durkee, Brown, Viveiros & Werenfels Architects • Providence, RI • 2010-2012 • Office Manager
Rhode Island School of Design • Providence, RI • 2004-2009 • Public Safety Coordinator
- Directly assists the Chief and Lieutenant with day-to-day tasks.
- Coordinates posting Public Safety Officers at campus events with other Departments and external vendors.
- Processes all billing and invoices for Department including writing annual Purchase Orders and assisting the Chief with tracking annual budget.
- Creates and maintains Department communications to the campus community.
- Content Administrator and author of four internal Department webpages.
- Conceptualizes and designs all Department marketing materials.
- Writes content for Department’s portion of external School printed and electronic communications.
- Manages campus transportation program including parking, campus shuttles, and special event transportation needs.
- Compiles and designs annual federal Cleary campus crime reports.
- Tracks evidence collected during investigations and Lost & Found items.
Shawmut Design and Construction • Providence, RI • 2003-2004 • Project Administrator
- Assists the Project Manager in various administrative aspects of the project.
- Writes contracts for subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Collects Insurance from the subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Tracks subcontractor billing issues and communicates with subcontractors to ensure they get paid.
- Sets up, attends, and tracks project meetings.
- Prepares Operations and Maintenance Manuals to be presented to the Owner, Architect, and Engineers at the end of the project.
Brooks Brothers • New York, NY • 2001-2003 • Human Resources Coordinator
- Works on various projects for members of the Human Resources Department.
- Coordinates and processes payroll for multiple departments within the corporate office and the field.
- Main contact for other payroll coordinators within the corporate office.
- Directs Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits issues from stores in the field and external inquiries to the proper people within the corporate and parent company offices.
- Assists in setting up new hires with the proper paperwork for processing payroll and benefits information.
- Contacts prospective candidates and sets them up for interviews.
- Coordinates interviews with Vice Presidents and Directors in other departments.
BURST!Media • Burlington, MA • 2000 • Advertising Operations
Gamewright • Watertown, MA • 1995-2000 • Marketing & Sales Coordinator
Clean Fairfax • Fairfax County, VA • 2009-2011
Clean Fairfax operates numerous programs aimed at reducing litter, advocating for recycling and composting, curbing graffiti, and providing environmental education to the citizens and children of Fairfax County.
- Created new logo for the organization.
- Produced graphics for various items such as reusable shopping bag, coffee cup, water bottle, drink tumbler, auto trash bag.
- Produced information brochures, note cards, and other print collateral based on the new branding.
FarSounder, Inc. • Warwick, RI • 2009-Present
- Created graphics for booth at 2009 Monaco Yacht Show.
- Edited and produced set of icons for update of FarSounder’s SonaSoft software.
- Provided splash screens for SonaSoft software update.
- Created various marketing and sales brochures.
- Produced posters for other trade show use.
GrowSmartRI • Providence, RI • 2009-Present
- Managed social media for the organization; Facebook, GrowSmartRI blog.
- Produced graphics for use on website and in electronic communications.
- Worked on monthly e-newsletter.
- Created program for Power of Place Summit.
- Created signage for Power of Place Summit.
Greater City Providence • Providence, RI • 2006-Present • President, Cofounder
Greater City Providence promotes the growth and development of the Greater Providence region in as urban a pattern as possible. Special focus is placed on the development of more walkable, affordable, and vibrant neighborhoods that are served by more robust mass transit and fueled by greater economic opportunity. We hope to see the Providence of the future is an urban environment and not a city plagued by inconsistent, uninspired, automobile-centric, and suburban-style development.
Involved with city’s Comprehensive Planning Process (Providence Tomorrow). Understanding of city’s development processes; City Plan Commission, Zoning Board of Review, Downcity Design Review Committee, etc. Maintains contacts both professional and social with a cross-section of community leaders including government, the arts, technology, transportation.
Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission • 2012-Present
Appointed by Providence Mayor Angel Taveras to serve as a Commissioner on the Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission.
Providence Foundation Next Generation Leaders Workshops • 2007-2010
Young leaders and activists in the city brought together with the goal of creating a mission for the Providence Foundation through 2030. Personal focus going forward from the workshop is RIPTA and other transportation issues, both current and long-term.
Providence Mayor-Elect Angel Taveras City Services Transition Committee • 2010
Served as a member of Providence Mayor-Elect Angel Taveras’ Transition Team sitting on the City Services Transition Committee.
Member Downtown Providence Re-Zoning Advisory Committee • 2011
Served as a member of the Advisory Committee for the re-zoning of Providence’s Downtown, Jewelry District, and Hospital District (aka “The Knowledge District”).
Mac OSX and Windows operating systems; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver; database management; ARMS; Act; ccMail administration; Seibel; PeopleSoft; Retek; JD Edwards; Prolog; Acorde; Timberline.
Social Media Experience: Proficient with use of Flickr, YouTube, Facebook; creation and management of WordPress and TypePad blogs; experience with moderation of IP.Board webforums; content management experience with Ektron content management system; knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- 2007-2009 Rhode Island School of Design Continuing Education • Graphic and Web Design
- 1993-1994 Maine College of Art