Cornish Associates • Providence, RI • 2012-Present • Associate Project Manager
- Manages design, budget, and construction for the renovation of apartments.
- Owner’s Representative for the complete renovation of several historic buildings in Downtown Providence. Works closely with the Architect, Project Manager, and contractors on the project from design, through City approvals, to construction, and close-out.
- Owners Representative for the fit-out of new commercial tenant spaces. Coordinates all landlord work and communications between the company and the tenant about the project.
- Consults on the annual budgets for each of the 12 building in the company portfolio.
- Works closely with the property management company, Westminster Lofts, to coordinate and implement various building repairs and renovations.
- Works with the marketing team on communications about new buildings and projects: writes press releases, finds photos or hires photographers, designs graphics, organizes and hosts events. Manages social media and the website including curation of the company’s Instagram presence.
- Identifies issues that need attention within the building portfolio and works independently and with others to address such issues.
- Manages IT and supervises the third party tech firm. Manages the company’s cell phone service. Procures all new technology items for the the company and staff.
- Implemented a software solution through Basecamp to streamline and coordinate communications about projects within the company and with the property management company.
- Manages the scheduling and assignments for our Architect freelancer.
- Prepares documents and reports, both content and design. Such as a successful application to Commerce RI for RebuildRI tax credits, RFP’s/RFI’s and responses to same, marketing collateral and presentations.
Durkee, Brown, Viveiros & Werenfels Architects • Providence, RI • 2010-2012 • Office Coordinator
- Responsible for the daily operations of the 24-person office.
- Procurred all supplies for the office and building supplies for the other 3 tenants in the building.
- Provided direct support to the 4 partners, created documents and presentations, did research on projects and cities, and other work as needed.
- Ensured that the architectural research library was organized and up-to-date.
- Responsible for the cataloging of physical drawings and documents in the archives.
- Assisted the IT person and part-time finance person with duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Assisted the marketing department with development of marketing collateral.
- Responsible for updating the company website.
Rhode Island School of Design • Providence, RI • 2004-2009 • Public Safety Coordinator
- Directly assisted the Chief and Lieutenant with day-to-day tasks.
- Coordinated posting Officers at campus events with other Departments and external vendors.
- Processed all billing and invoices for Department including writing annual Purchase Orders and assisting the Chief with tracking the annual budget.
- Created and maintained Department communications to the campus community.
- Content Administrator and author of four internal Department webpages.
- Conceptualized and designed all Department marketing materials.
Wrote content for Department’s portion of external School printed and electronic communications.
- Managed campus transportation program including parking, campus shuttles, and special events.
- Compiled and designed annual federal Cleary campus crime reports.
- Tracked evidence collected during investigations and Lost & Found items.
- Worked campus events including orientation, commencement, and graduation.
Shawmut Design and Construction • Providence, RI • 2003-2004 • Project Administrator
- Assisted the Project Manager in various administrative aspects of the project.
- Wrote contracts for subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Collected Insurance from the subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Tracked subcontractor billing and communicated with subcontractors to ensure they get paid.
- Set up, attended, and tracked project meetings.
- Prepared Operations and Maintenance Manuals to be presented to the Owner, Architect, and Engineers at the end of the project.
Brooks Brothers • New York, NY • 2001-2003 • Human Resources Associate
- Worked on various projects for members of the Human Resources Department.
- Processed payroll for multiple departments within the corporate office and the field.
- Main contact for other payroll coordinators within the corporate office.
- Directed Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits issues from stores in the field and external inquiries to the proper people within the corporate and parent company offices.
- Set up new hires with the proper paperwork for processing payroll and benefits information.
- Contacted prospective candidates and sets them up for interviews.
- Coordinated interviews with Vice Presidents and Directors in other departments.
BURST!Media • Burlington, MA • 2000 • Advertising Operations
Gamewright • Watertown, MA • 1995-2000 • Marketing & Sales Associate
Greater City Providence • Providence, RI • 2006-Present • Cofounder and Publisher
Greater City Providence promotes the growth and development of the Greater Providence region in as urban a pattern as possible. Special focus is placed on the development of more walkable, affordable, and vibrant neighborhoods that are served by more robust mass transit and fueled by greater economic opportunity. We hope to see the Providence of the future is an urban environment and not a city plagued by inconsistent, uninspired, automobile-centric, and suburban-style development.
Involved with city’s Comprehensive Planning Process (Providence Tomorrow). Understanding of city’s development processes; City Plan Commission, Zoning Board of Review, Downcity Design Review Committee, etc. Maintains contacts both professional and social with a cross-section of community leaders including government, the arts, technology, transportation.
Clean Fairfax • Fairfax County, VA • 2009-2011
Clean Fairfax operates numerous programs aimed at reducing litter, advocating for recycling and composting, curbing graffiti, and providing environmental education to the citizens and children of Fairfax County.
- Created new logo, identity, and website for the organization.
- Produced graphics for various items such as reusable shopping bags, coffee cups, water bottles, drink tumblers, and auto trash bags.
- Produced information brochures, note cards, and other print collateral based on the new branding.
FarSounder, Inc. • Warwick, RI • 2009-Present
- Created graphics for booth at 2009 Monaco Yacht Show.
- Edited and produced set of icons and splash-screens for update of FarSounder’s software.
- Created various marketing and sales brochures.
- Produced posters for other trade show use.
GrowSmartRI • Providence, RI • 2009-Present
- Managed social media for the organization; Facebook, Twitter, GrowSmartRI blog.
- Created new website for the organization.
- Produced graphics for use on website and in electronic communications.
- Worked on monthly e-newsletter.
- Created program and collateral for Power of Place Summit.
Providence Downtown Parks Conservancy Advisory Committee Member • 2011-Present
Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission • 2012-Present • Commission Chair 2017-Present
Appointed by Providence Mayor Angel Taveras to serve as a Commissioner on the Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission.
Providence Foundation Next Generation Leaders Workshops • 2007-2010
Young leaders and activists in the city brought together with the goal of creating a mission for the Providence Foundation through 2030. Personal focus going forward from the workshop is RIPTA and other transportation issues, both current and long-term.
Providence Mayor-Elect Angel Taveras City Services Transition Committee • 2010
Served as a member of Providence Mayor-Elect Angel Taveras’ Transition Team sitting on the City Services Transition Committee.
Member Downtown Providence Re-Zoning Advisory Committee • 2011
Served as a member of the Advisory Committee for the re-zoning of Providence’s Downtown, Jewelry District, and Hospital District (aka “The Knowledge District”).
MacOS, iOS, and Windows operating systems; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign; OmniPlan; Basecamp; database management; ARMS; Seibel; PeopleSoft; Retek; JD Edwards; Prolog; Acorde; Timberline.
Social Media Experience: Skilled with the use of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube; creation and management of WordPress and Squarespace blogs; experience with moderation of IP.Board webforums; content management experience with Ektron content management system; strong knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- 2018 Bryant University Continuing Education • Project Management Certificate
- 2007-2009 Rhode Island School of Design Continuing Education • Graphic and Web Design
- 1993-1994 Maine College of Art